Rug washing and repair services involve cleaning and repairing rugs to restore their appearance and prolong their lifespan. These services are typically provided by professional rug cleaners and repair specialists who have the necessary skills and equipment to handle various types of rugs and their specific cleaning and repair needs.
Handmade rugs are often valuable and delicate that require special care when cleaning to avoid damage or discoloration. As a professional rug cleaner we have the knowledge and experience to identify the type of yarn, weave, and dye used in your rug and know how to clean it without causing damage to the yarn or colours.
We have all kinds of tools and machines that can extract dirt, dust, and allergens from deep within the yarn of the rug. Handmade rugs can be easily damaged if not cleaned properly. We take the all necessary steps to protect your rug against damage by using the appropriate cleaning methods and techniques.
Handmade rugs are often valuable and can appreciate in value over time. By having your rug cleaned by a professional, you can help preserve its value and extend its lifespan. Overall, having your handmade rug washed by a professional like us is a wise investment that can help protect your rug, preserve its value, and improve the health and cleanliness of your home.
Handmade rugs can be beautiful and valuable pieces of art that can last for generations with proper care. However, over time, they may require repair due to wear and tear, accidents, or other damage.
- The first step in repairing a handmade rug is to assess the damage. Look for holes, tears, frayed edges, or areas where the pile is worn down.
- We repair your Rug By needle, thread, scissors, and a patch of similar fabric. If the damage is severe, we may also need a weaving by needle and yarn.
- If the rug has a hole, we use a patch of similar fabric to repair it. Cut the patch to size and place it under the hole. By the use of a needle and thread we sew the patch onto the rug, and also making sure to match the thread colour with the rug.
- If the edges of the rug are frayed, we use a pair of sharp scissors to trim the edges to an even length.
- If the rug has a tear, use a needle and thread to sew the tear together. Use a ladder stitch, which is a hidden stitch, to join the two sides of the tear.
- Once you have completed the repair, we make sure to trim any loose threads and give the rug a gentle cleaning.
Handmade rugs are extremely valuable, so we have the best professional rug repair specialists. They will have the expertise and tools to repair the rug without causing further damage.
Let's talk about your project